Pink Fire Pointer Garden Tour Day

Garden Tour Day



Today was the Garden Conservancy "Open Days" tour in West Los Angeles.  After an early morning rain, it cleared up by 8:00 am and the day turned sunny and gorgeous.  My garden was on the tour and I met some lovely people who wanted to know all about the plants.


We talked about the David Austin roses, the teucrium hedge, the heliotrope, and the alstroemeria.


They loved the story about finding my fountain in a small antique store in Pasadena.


They enjoyed meeting my landscape designer Tim Lindsay.


We had lovely volunteers who checked in all our guests.


Sign pointing the way


But the plant  most people wanted to talk about was the Tree Peony.  We just put it in last week and many people had never seen one before.  What a wonderful day.  New friends, lots of garden talk, and ideas exchanged.   I am so happy to be a member of the Garden Conservancy. 

********

P.S.  When Blogger.com was down last week I lost some of your lovely comments on my last blogpost. Fortunately Blogger.com is up and running again.